For Back-to-School Night on September 10th, parents got to see the students' acrostic poems that they constructed using their new Spanish names and cognates. Students used nouns and adjectives in Spanish to share a little about themselves, and in the process, discovered that there is a lot of Spanish they already can read and understand.
After these first couple of weeks of instruction, students can also carry on a conversation in which they talk the following:
- Say hello
- Ask for and give their name (in Spanish, of course!)
- Ask about and tell how they feel
- Ask about and indicate where they live
- Ask for and give their age
- Ask for and give the time
- Say good-bye.
Next week, we'll add phone numbers, the date, weather, and seasons. We'll also check out the geography of the Spanish-speaking world and tell where we are from.
de la Sra. E